IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2020
The IBPS PO preliminary examination will be conducted online and candidates are allocated a total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020
- Introduction of Descriptive Paper: Just like SBI PO 2020 Exam, IBPS introduced Descriptive Paper in its Mains Examination where candidates will be judged on their written skills. An essay and a letter will be given to candidates to write that will constitute of 25 marks and that has to be completed in a time span of 30 minutes.
- The overall time allotted for each section has also been changed.
- No separate paper will be conducted for Computer Applications. Reasoning is teamed up with Computer Aptitude section and this entire section will contain 45 questions of a total of 60 marks.
- The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam has also been changed from 140 minutes to 180 minutes.
|Sr. No.||Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Examination||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||English only||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
IBPS PO 2020 Interview Process
- Candidates who qualify the Mains Exam are finally called for the Interview Process by IBPS. The Interview Process will consist of 100 marks and the minimum marks for qualifying this round will be 40% which is reduced to 35% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong by a candidate in both IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Exam and IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam. There will be no deduction of marks for a question left blank/unattempted by a candidate
- The final selection of the candidate to the post of Probationary Officer will be made by taking into consideration the cumulative score of the Mains Exam and the interview Process. The weightage of both these phases of examination will be in the ratio 80:20 respectively. A merit list will be generated after the Interview Process of IBPS PO 2020 Exam has been conducted. Candidates who make it to the list will be thus offered the joining letter by the Bank of their choice.